Conversation with Administration
By Mickey Thaxton, Associate Executive Director
Please come and join the next “Conversation with Administration” at 2:00 p.m. Thursday, April 19, in Lakeside Commons’ Encore Theater.
These monthly conversations provide an opportunity for residents to share concerns and receive feedback. They also help Administration understand what we can do to improve service to residents. Transcripts of questions and answers from the meeting may be rephrased for this column in the Reporter without changing the accuracy of the information presented.
The following reflects the highlights of Conversation with Administration conducted in February.
• The new 2018 Community Resources Handbook is now available at all front desks. It is a great resource that lists the almost 260 resident-run groups here at Riderwood. Joining a club is one of the greatest ways to get involved and get connected with the Riderwood community.
• In updates in our Dining department we would like to announce that Scott Monfils will be Riderwood’s new Assistant Director of Dining. We have posted his old position and look forward to filling that in the near future. When you see Scott, please be sure to congratulate him on his promotion. During Phase II of the Town Center we have moved the Seasons experience to the Celebrations room as a buffet.
• In updates with our General Services, we are proud to announce that Noel Vasquez has been promoted to Housekeeping Manager. Noel has been with Riderwood for 15 years and previously was Riderwood’s Housekeeping Supervisor. Similar to Scott’s situation, we will post Noel’s previous position and hope to fill that position shortly. In the meantime, when you see Noel please congratulate him. The temporary entrance for Phase II in Town Center is now open and we have tents along the sidewalk for the buses.
• Regenia Mapson is our new Erickson Advantage representative. Her office is located right behind the front desk at Lakeside Commons. If you have any questions about Erickson Advantage or would like more information, please let Regenia know.
Questions and comments by Residents:
1. If I would like to book a room for card playing how can I go about doing that?
Please contact any Community Resources Coordinator and they will be happy to help you with a booking.
2. Is there some way to make the buses more visible at night while we are waiting for them in the lobbies?
We will look into options to make the buses more visible at night.
3. Can the streaming capability of Riderwood Connect be improved?
We are making some updates to the system so hopefully that will resolve the streaming issue.
4. Can we offer more gluten-free foods?
We can look into this suggestion.
5. How can we know why flags are at half-mast?
Security sends out an email to all front desks when we get the information to lower the flags. Please ask at any front desk. If you would like you can also go on the Maryland Secretary of State Department website: sos.md.gov and request an email alert.
6. If there is an exterior door that does not lock properly, who should I contact?
Please report this to General Services, Security, or any front desk Communications Specialist.
7. Can we get soup and salad with our meal of the day in the Bistro?
We will be now offering soup and salad as an option as part of your meal of the day.
8. Will there be breakfast served at the Bistro?
Yes. Breakfast will be served every Thursday, from 8:00 – 10:00 a.m.
9. I would like to thank the Riderwood TV studio for the great programing they do. I especially enjoyed the RAC interviews, the medical forums and the African-American History Month coverage.
Thank you for those kind words.