By Marlene Schang
Continuing Education Committee Member
The Continuing Education Committee is announcing registration for the Prince George’s Community College (PGCC) fall semester on Wednesday, September 20. To enroll in the SAGE program (Seasoned Adults Growing Educationally), residents need to have a student ID number, username, and password prior to registration.
Residents are encouraged to have their username and password well before September 20 to expedite registration. Assuming that you have an email address and access to an electronic device, please follow these steps: Go online to http://www.pgcc.edu and click on Owl Link
1. From MAIN MENU, click on Workforce Development & Cont. Ed. Students
2. Under Cont. Ed. Registration, click on Enroll and Register for Courses and then click on Create a Student Account
3. On the Personal Identification screen, fill in all required fields indicated by an asterisk (*) Check the box at the bottom of the page and click SUBMIT
For security, you will receive two separate emails–one with your Owl Link Username/ID and another with your temporary password. Return to MAIN MENU and click LOG IN.
4. Log in using the Username/ID and EXACT password sent to you. A message will appear, “Your password has expired.” Don’t panic!
5. You now must create your own password of exactly eight characters. You must include at least one capital letter, one lowercase letter and one number. No special characters are permitted.
6. Save your username and password. You are ready to register on September 20! If the above is a bit daunting or you do not have an email address or electronic device, please follow these steps:
7. Call the Workforce Development and Continuing Education Customer Service desk at 301-546-0159
8. Request a student ID number. It is imperative that you do this soon. PGCC is very busy during registration and you may have to leave a voice mail with your full name, address, phone number and date of birth.
9. Upon receiving your student ID number, call the PGCC Help Desk at 301-546-0637
10. Ask for a username and temporary password. You will be asked for your student ID number.
You will be issued your username and temporary password which must be written exactly as given to you, including capital and lowercase letters.
You are now ready to enroll in PGCC classes. You will discover it is well worth the effort. Congratulations! Save your student ID, username, and password. You will need them to register for PGCC classes. Come to either the Lakeside Commons or Village Square Computer Labs on September 20 and Riderwood volunteers or PGCC staff will help you get registered.