By Wendy Ferris,
Associate Executive Director
Please come and join the next “Conversation with Administration” at 2:00 p.m. on Thursday, June 15, in Lakeside Common’s Encore Theater.
These monthly conversations provide an opportunity for residents to share concerns and receive feedback. They also help Administration understand what we can do to improve customer service. Questions and answers may be altered or rephrased for this column without changing the accuracy of the information presented.
The following reflects the highlights of Conversation with Administration conducted in April:
• In updates with our Dining Services department, we have rolled out the new Signature Dining menus with many updates and changes that reflect the great feedback we’ve received from the Voice of the Customer process. New items are indicated with an asterisk. We will now be accepting reservations for the private dining rooms. We are also in the process of finalizing our improved take-out service.
• In updates to our Security team, we will be discontinuing our ambulance service and will rely on our county ambulance services. This will be much more cost effective with no reduction in the quality of ambulance service available to our residents.
• In updates with our General Services department we are glad to announce that the cable conversion to High Definition (HD) TV is complete campus wide. We are getting good feedback that the service has been a good upgrade from the old standard programing. The car wash station is now open and fully stocked. The garden plots have been tilled and are ready for planting. Mulching throughout the campus is almost complete. We have also completed weed control and fertilizing. In maintenance and engineering, the hallway make-up units are undergoing scheduled maintenance.
• The plans for the Town Center renovations are on schedule. We are awaiting some final approvals with permits and once we have them, construction will begin. The Sales office and the Human Resources office will be moved to temporary mobile offices (TMO) which will be located near the tennis courts. We will update you as more information becomes available.
• In our Sales updates we had a very successful expo. We had 165 prospective residents come to the event. 80 were already on the Priority List and we had ten additional people sign up on the list. One person reserved an apartment. We had 21 cards filled out for home visits. Our occupancy is at 96% as of the end of March. We are 12 settlements above the quarterly plan for the year. We have 67 available apartments; eight of them are being held for prospective residents. We are looking forward to a great Spring.
Questions and comments by Residents:
1. Do you have an update on the sound service in the Chapel and the Encore Theater?
We have worked on upgrading our sound infrastructure including the T-coil, and the sound mixer boards and speakers. We are also in the process of training users of the equipment. We are hoping that we will be able to make the equipment more user friendly for residents.
2. For the new carry-out service, will there be information on how the service works?
Yes. We will have flyers available at each of the carry out stations on the new procedure.
3. If I already have HD service for my TV will I still need Comcast to come to my apartment?
No. You will keep your current box. Comcast only needs to come to your apartment if you currently have a standard box. In that case, they will switch out your box for an HD box.
4. Will we be able to have a permanent basketball hoop installed on campus?
Due to the upcoming construction of Town Center and the placement of the temporary Mobile offices (TMOs), we will postpone permanently placing the basketball hoop. Once the construction is completed we will permanently place the hoop.
5. Is there some way to show Riderwood on my GPS system?
Unfortunately, many GPS databases do not accurately locate Riderwood. We will look into an address that can be inputted into a GPS to give an approximation of our location.
6. Can you please remind residents to put only clean recyclables in the community recycling rooms?
Yes. Please dispose of recyclables appropriately.
7. When will the irrigation lines be turned on around campus?
The irrigation system will be turned on this week.