Conversation with Administration
by Wendy Ferris, Associate Executive Director
Please come and join the next “Conversation with Administration” at
2:00 p.m. on Wednesday, May 17
in Montgomery Station’s Maryland Hall.
These monthly conversations provide an opportunity for residents to share concerns and receive feedback. They also help Administration understand what we can do to improve customer service. Questions and answers may be altered for this column without changing the accuracy of the information presented.
The following reflects the highlights of the meeting conducted in March:
• In updates with our General Services Department, we would like to recognize Jack Vargo and our Grounds team. The recent winter storm event was handled in such a manner that the campus plowed and shoveled efficiently and seamlessly. The team has been working tirelessly to take care of all the ice.
• We are continuing our exterior door project and should finish the work on campus soon. We will continue to distribute new badges to our residents. In our Comcast upgrades to High Definition TV, we will begin the transition at the end of March and will start at Village Square, and will continue throughout the campus. There will be a pamphlet available at each front desk with additional information.
• In our Sales updates, we had a record breaking month in February with 36 reservations. Our occupancy this month is 95.6%. We currently have 52 available apartments. Thirteen of these are on hold. We would also like to welcome our new sales associate, Ryan McClure. When you see Ryan, please say hello.
• The Scholarship Fund Campaign is starting soon. The fund was started to help our staff who wanted to improve their educational levels. The theme is “Their Future is in Our Hands, and Our Future is in Their Hands.”
• The “My Erickson” app is now available. If you need help with activating your account, please see a community resources coordinator.
• We would like to thank the outgoing Resident Advisory Council (RAC) members and welcome the new RAC. I would especially like to thank outgoing RAC Chair Rita Hofbauer for all of her hard work she gave to the community during her tenure.
Questions and comments by Residents:
1. Can there be a bench put in the hallway between Hampton Square and Town Center?
We will look into this suggestion.
2. I would like to acknowledge the great job the Arts Council did on the Art Show.
Yes. Thank you to our dedicated residents and staff who helped put together the Art Show. If you get a chance, please visit the show in the hallway of the Encore Theater and the Lakeside Commons’ lobby.
3. Can you tell me why the new badges don’t have our apartment numbers on them?
The new community badges are an Erickson Living corporate standard and don’t include identifying information except for a resident’s name to prevent possible violations of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996. From a security standpoint, in the future, residents’ doors will also be accessible using the same badge. We do not want your apartment number on your badge especially if the badge is misplaced and someone finds it.
4. I would like to thank the general services department for putting up marked awnings for the entrances to the resident buildings.
You are welcome. We are working on finishing installing awnings for all of the resident buildings.
5. I would like to commend Riderwood for the automatic door openers. It has made my life much easier.
6. Is the information that is on EricksonResident.com going to be available on the My Erickson app?
Yes. The information found on the EricksonResident.com website will be integrated into the My Erickson app sometime in the near future.
7. What do I do if the fitness rooms are cold?
If any room is uncomfortable, please contact general services or any front desk staff, and they will make sure that the temperature is adjusted.
8. When will the private dining rooms be available to reserve?
Our expectation is that we will have the private dining rooms available to book at the end of April.