By Wendy Ferris
Associate Executive Director
Please come and join the next “Conversation with Administration” at 2:00 pm on Wednesday, January 18, in Montgomery Station’s Maryland Hall.
These monthly discussions provide an opportunity for residents to share concerns and receive feedback. They also help Administration understand what we can do to improve customer service. Questions and answers may be altered or rephrased for this column without changing the accuracy of the information presented.
The following reflects the highlights of Conversation with Administration conducted in November
- In updates with Arbor Ridge, we have opened up The Glen at Orchard Point, and our twenty new residents are settling in with ease. The open house was very successful, and all were welcome. If you have not visited The Glen yet, please stop by and ask for a tour. Arbor Ridge has now received its 6th five-star rating in a row for its skilled nursing from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid. We are also proud to announce that U.S. News and World Report has rated Arbor Ridge as one of the best nursing homes in the nation.
- In updates with our dining department, we will be rolling out our Signature Dining program this month. The essence of the program is that we will be cooking our food to order. It will be more of a restaurant-style
- In our Sales updates, we are having an excellent We had a variety of sales events in the month of November. We had about 100 priority list members attend one event, and we had a dining event where we showcased some of our great dining options. Our occupancy rate for November was 96.7 percent, which is phenomenal. We had some releases with the opening of The Glen and anticipate that we will be finding new residents to come and make Riderwood home. We appreciate all the help we get from our residents who offer to show prospective residents what a great place Riderwood is to live in.
- In updates in our General Services department, we have been working with our joint resident and staff run Audio Visual Committee to improve the sound and visual equipment in our venues. The car wash bay is now officially closed so that we can have space to store our snow removal equipment and supplies. The exterior door project is well under way, and we would like to remind you to turn in your new badge form so we can have your new badge ready once the exterior door project goes live.
- In updates with our Medical Center, we are implementing a new medical records package, but its implementation will be delayed until 2017. It is a major upgrade and will be a vast improvement over our current system. Please look for more information to come.
- We would like to congratulate Eddie Bharucha for his promotion to corporate. His new role will be Regional Director of General Services. He will start his new position in February When you see Eddie, please wish him well.
Questions, Comments, and Statements by Residents:
- Can we get some padding on the outside benches?
- We will look into this suggestion.
- The scale in the Montgomery Station fitness room is broken. Can we get it repaired?
- We will have the scale fixed. If you see anything that you have a concern about please report it to any front desk staff member and they will report it to the appropriate department.
- If I am in a wheelchair will I be able to reach the new badge readers on the exterior doors?
- All of the badge readers are placed in such a way that they comply with ADA regulations. They are mounted on either a railing or a baluster within reach of anyone in a wheelchair and with room enough to allow the door to open.
- It takes a long time for the water in my shower to heat up. Can this be addressed?
- We have looked at some pumps and floats and have addressed some of the situations. The water should heat up sooner with these adjustments. If you have an individual concern, please contact General Services.
- Will there be numbers placed on the awnings over exterior doors?
- The canopies that cover resident buildings exit lobbies will be numbered 1 and 2 to differentiate them. The canopies covering link exits will not.
- Can we have a basketball hoop on campus?
- We will be installing a basketball hoop on campus in the spring.
- Is there a policy when a resident passes?
- If you would like a copy of the move-out packet, please contact the finance office.
- Can the gutter be fixed that goes from Parking Lot J to the Chapel?
- We will get the gutter repaired.
- Will family members be able to have access badges for the exterior doors?
- We will issue special visitor badges to guests who come on campus frequently.
- What can I do if a room is too cold?
- If a room is uncomfortable, please let a staff member know, and we will adjust the temperature.